Saturday, October 25, 2008

Muffin's Advice (finished by another columnist)

Anne said...
Hey, advicecolumnist? I have a bit of a problem. Could you help me? My parents are getting a divorce, and now some of my friends are avoiding me. I don't know why, and whenever I try to talk to one of them, they all giggle and run away before I can ask why. I tried chasing them once, but they're faster than me. Is there something wrong with me, or do they not want to be caught up in my parents' divorce?




Anne:

There's nothing wrong with you. Your friends might not feel like hanging around with you anymore because they don't know what to say to make your situation any different. They probably have never been through a divorce so they don't know how to react. See if you school or community has a divorce group, if they do it might be a nice way to meet people that are sharing your same feelings. If they dont, try going to your counselor and telling them about the problem. They might know kids who want to help you or hang out wiht you! GOOD LUCK!

love,
The Advice Columnist

No comments: