Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jessie P. of Maryland said...
My name is Jessie. I just recently got a computer from a garage sale, and even though it was broken, I got it working again with an extra CPU chip. Anyway, when I got my computer, I got it because all my friends had one and they kept pressuring me and saying they would hate me until I got one. Now they all have laptops, and they're ignoring me because I have an old hand-me-down computer when they have fancy Dell Notebooks. What should I do? Help!


Jessie: If these people are who you call your friends, you need to seriously get a grip. If ANYONE, and that goes for everybody, makes fun of you, is mean to you, or ignores you just because you don't have what they have, we have serious problems. Do you like your computer? If the answer is yes, then don't worry about these girls that are making your life miserable! They can think what they want, but don't fall into what I like to call the "Clique Trap"! Cliques are like herds of cows. Who wants to be an animals that moo's and barfs up grass four times before they eat it!? My advice: find some new friends who appreciate you for who you are and what you have. Be careful, and choose your friends wisely. Hope this helps!!! :)

~The Advice Columnist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Go to fuglyhorses.com

On a more serious note, my locker neighbor is treting me funny, Fact is all the girls that are her freinds are acting strange to. I used to be really good friends with her, all of them to tell you the truth, but this new school year has brought around a change. I'm now barely reaching the cut off for anything. Sleepovers, birthday parties, anything important!!! They even talk about it in front of me! They aren't mean or anything, but I really feel left out. I've suffered through a whole quarter of this.

HELP!!!!!